NAS clients ignored...not sure where to go

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Mar 10 22:47:51 CET 2014

Ryan Milton wrote:
> Hi, I am fairly new to configuring FreeRADIUS, and have had to add some
> new clients to communicate with my RADIUS server.
>
> I don’t think, that we use the clients.conf, but rather edit vi
> mysql—unless I’m missing something, but other clients aren’t in that file.

  You should check that the server is reading clients from SQL.  See the
"readclients" configuration in the SQL module.

  Also, run th eserver in debugging mode as suggested in the FAQ, "man"
page, web pages, and daily on this list.  It will SHOW the list of
clients it's reading from SQL.  If it doesn't... it's not reading
clients from SQL.

> Then, when I try to authenticate a device I get:
>
> Mon Mar 10 20:16:19 2014 : Error: Ignoring request to authentication
> address RADIUS_IP port 1812 from unknown client 172.26.248.41 port 54898

  Which isn't the debug output.  PLEASE use "radiusd -X" for debugging.
 Doing anything else is wasting your time, and ours.