configuration parameters for perl module in rlm_perl

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Fri Mar 14 14:25:33 CET 2014

Hallo,

> is there are recommended way to pass configuration parameter to a
> rlm_perl module?

I had the same problem and came to the conclusion it is not possible
without changing the FreeRadius code. I solved it by using two
configuration directories and symlinking the perl code and extracting
the basename within the perl module:

our $mandant = dirname($0) . '/';

It also seems to be possible to do something like that: Which I don't
liked:

perl_flags ='-e "\$ENV{mandant} = \"VDI\"; do \"/path/to/file\"';

Cheers,
        Thomas