freeradius 3 cannot initiate eap-sim,

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Mar 28 15:45:50 CET 2014

On 28 Mar 2014, at 13:45, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Bill Yuan wrote:
>> *I configured the user information in the users file, and the info is
>> valid in freeradius2. but somehow, I think the freeradius3 cannot
>> recognize the information,I can see some yellow colour information
>> printed on the **screen as below:*
>> WARNING: [/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize]:1 Check item
>> "EAP-Sim-Rand1"  found in reply item list for user
>> "1525016114550600 at wlan.mnc001.mcc525.3gppnetwork.org".  This attribute MUST go
>> on the first line with the other check items
>
>  What is hard to understand about that message?  You have the wrong
> information in the file.  Do:
>
> user	EAP-Sim-Rand1 := ...
>
>  Do NOT DO:
>
> user	...
> 	EAP-Sim-Rand1 := ...

The guy who wrote the EAP-SIM module made the triplets reply items. I corrected it
in master, but didn't want to change the behaviour for 3.0.x.

Given that were now emitting warnings for internal server attributes used as reply
items, do you want me to backport the changes from master?

It'd also include the triplet generation code
(to derive triplets using comp128v1/v2/v3 from a Ki).

FreeRADIUS Development Team