Change Attribute type in dictioanry

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon May 5 14:05:31 CEST 2014

On 5 May 2014, at 12:45, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Muhammad Usman wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have an attribute defined as Integer in dictionary, I want to increase
>> the limit of variable, how can I change the variable type to float or
>> big Int in dictionary. Thanks
>
>  You don't.  Editing the attribute definitions will break things.

What is this 'Big int' of which you speak? would that be an integer64?

Define an additional attribute in the local dictionary and use that instead.

Don't redefine dictionary attributes sent by NAS, as Alan said, you'll
break things.

Also FreeRADIUS doesn't support floats or doubles as they're not use
anywhere in the RADIUS RFCs.

If you can come up with a good justification for them we might consider
adding them, but in my experience they're just not required.

FreeRADIUS Development Team