No Logon Servers error with FreeRADIUS + NTLM

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at ja.net
Thu May 8 16:11:29 CEST 2014

Hi,

I know this is not a problem with FreeRADIUS, however, there are several people on this list who run FreeRADIUS with Active Directory as a back end and I need their advice on this.

I've run into the dreaded "No logon servers (0xc000005e)" error with NTLM. In the past I've found that the computer password for the server expired on AD and that it was either fixed by rejoining, or by tweaking the password's expiry.

Do any AD folk on the list know what we can do to get this stable and that this does not occur again? Any ideas will be very useful.

:-)

With Regards

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator
t: +44 (0)1235 822 125

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238