SQL - How to use MSSQL for Authentication and MySQL for

Jeremiah Peterson gamerj at gmail.com
Mon May 12 20:29:56 CEST 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM, <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >    Thats basically what I am trying to do and I was unable to find out
> how.
>
> the concepts of the server are very clear...but just not easy to find if
> you havent read the docs

Yes, I quite obviously missed that part when reading the docs.  thank you
for pointing that out.

> >    After your answer, it led me to some more searching that revealed the
> >    answer
>
> _an_ answer. there is no such thing as _the_ answer for FreeRADIUS - its
> comprehensibly
> flexible

Again, such incredible insight.  "after your answer" "after your reply"
 .... I didn't see your reply Alan, I saw Mike's reply.  I apologize for
calling is reply an answer.  He answered a question.  Therefore I called it
an "answer".  I guess I should have used "reply"

> >    inside sql1.conf change
> >    sql {
> >    sql sql1 {
>
> yes, a named module instance - as per
>
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sql#Instances

Thank you for the reference.  That didn't turn up in the Google searches
that I did because I wasn't looking for it the right way.  I did figure it
out though after I posted.  Sometimes you have to post something to figure
it out.

But thank you for the help, I do see that you answered .... sorry ..
REPLIED.. to the question as well which would have given me the answer i
was .. sorry .. reply i was looking for.