New RHEL and Fedora package maintainer

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu May 22 23:50:51 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Stefan Paetow <Stefan.Paetow at ja.net> wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> AFAIK Fedora's been running with FR 3.0.x for a while now.
>
> For CentOS though, you're stuck with 2.2.x for the time being.

I think what Adrian wants is the equivalent of my ppa
(https://launchpad.net/~freeradius) for rhel/centos/fedora. It'd be
best (for users) if the build comes with distro-specific
customizations/patches, but it's fine even if it's just packages built
using the default recipe included in FR tarball (which is what
https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/stable-3.0 does) as long as
it's close enough.

http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Build_Service provides ppa-like service
for multiple distros (including rhel/centos/fedora), so
server/bandwitdh resources shouldn't be an issue. The main resource
needed would be the time needed to manage the build recipes, and
fixing it in case something goes wrong.

--
Fajar