FreeRADIUS 3.0.3: radtest with eap-md5

Axel Luttgens axel.luttgens at skynet.be
Fri May 23 16:37:49 CEST 2014

Hello,

IIRC, I've seen somewhere some recent changes in FR 3's code due to bring back a working radeapclient.

I thus tried:

	$ ./radtest -x -t eap-md5 bob hello 127.0.0.1 0 testing123

with FR 3.0.3, and just got following output:

	including dictionary file /Tests/freeradius-3.0.3-p1/share/freeradius/dictionary
	including dictionary file /Tests/etc/raddb/dictionary

No single attempt to connect to the server seems to occur, since the output of radiusd -X remains desperately silent...

On the other hand, eapol_test works as expected:

	$ ./eapol_test -c /Tests/etc/eap-md5.conf -s testing123 -n
	[...]
	MPPE keys OK: 0  mismatch: 0
	SUCCESS

with corresponding debugging info written by radiusd.

Could it be that I'm doing something wrong?
(hint: I often do)

TIA,
Axel