radiusd not installed in FreeRadius 3.0.3

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon May 26 11:18:30 CEST 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 2:27 PM, * <zhex900 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have compiled and install the Debian package of FreeRadius 3.0.3. But
> radiusd is not installed. It is in my local FreeRadius 3.0.3 directory
> (freeradius-server-3.0.3/build/bin).
>
> Why is this?

The answer would depend on how you "compiled and install". My guess is you
either forgot to run "make install", or run "hash -r" (sometimes needed
when you use bash), or perhaps simply logout and login.

Since you use debian, I suggest you use native debian packaging. Either:
- apply this patch (
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/d8c14af95a6ed344df90b4457d319e3c95e3567b.diff)
on top of 3.0.3 and build it yourself (i.e. dpkg-buildpackage ...)
- use my test packages (which basically does the above, plus some other
adjustments to get it to build on opensuse's build system):
http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Afreeradius%3A3.0.x%3Adebian&package=freeradius

Whichever method you choose from the two, you'd get something closer to
debian's current FR package, with "freeradius" binary (not radiusd).

--
Fajar