LDAP Groups to Freeradius and then Ruckus Wireless?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon May 26 15:16:45 CEST 2014

On 26 May 2014, at 10:53, Enrique Sainz Baixauli <enriquesainz.beca at intef.educacion.es> wrote:

>>> membership attribute you use to a reply attribute.
>>>
>>> So I included in /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary a new
>>> dictionary.ruckus file with vendor information for Ruckus that defines
>>> the attribute to be
>>> returned:
>>> [...]
>>> ATTRIBUTE	Ruckus-User-Groups	1	string
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> And a new line in ldap.attrmap to reply that attribute:
>>> replyItem	Ruckus-User-Groups	member
>>>
>>> member being the groupmember_attribute set in modules/ldap, and also
>>> the attribute name in LDAP that makes membership effective.
>>> But the result is the same, no additional debug output in radiusd -XXX
>>> or when testing a user authentication with radtest. Am I doing
>>> anything wrong here?
>>
>> Nope, trace the LDAP conversation with wireshark and see what's being
> requested and returned.
>>

> So I'm capturing the whole conversation but I can't see anything useful:
> there is a first searchRequest for the user being authenticated, then a
> successful searchResEntry with the user's DN

That should contain a request for the 'member' attribute. If it doesn't
there's an issue with your config, or a bug in that version of rlm_ldap.

My suggestion again is to try v3.0.3, or debug the v2.x.x code yourself.

It was weeks of effort to rewrite the rlm_ldap module for version v3.0.x,
it was done for a reason.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team