Plans for the next few releases

Isaac Boukris iboukris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 23:01:09 CET 2014

Hi Alan,

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Isaac Boukris wrote:
>> Is there a 'known limitation' page which reflects behavior changes
>> between version 2.x and 3.x?
>
>   Mostly in the ChangeLog.

Noted - thanks!

>> I tried to look up information on this difference in behavior but with
>> no luck so maybe it could be nice to state such changes in behavior
>> somewhere (even correct changes which aren't ported back).
>
>   Feel free to update the Wiki with a summary of the ChangeLong.

Currently I'm not sure to be well qualified as my understanding in FR
is quite limited to specific areas (and I don't know much in GIT).

I couldn't find this change in the ChangeLog although I think I found
the commit:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/cdd3c5dc7bbb2c8b5a230bd7fce839281daea2fc

I'd speculate there might be other NAS with the same issue so it could
be a good idea to mention it in the ChangeLog.
Specifically the assumption that the source password is UTF-8 which
could not always be the case.

Thanks once more,
Isaac B.