LDAP - bind as user - howto?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 16 22:46:35 CEST 2014

Matej Žerovnik wrote:
> If I use users file, then %{User-Name} is not substituted with the
> user-name provided in the accept-request. I hope it's obvious I want to
> use different usernames as different users will use radius to login to
> the service.

 You said other things didn't work when you used the "hints" file.

  Just write all of the policies in "unlang".

> I found out I read about hints file on this url:
> http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/freeradius/freeradius-11/freeradius/doc/rlm_ldap
>
> Later I realized that this file is about radius 1.X version, so it's
> probably obsolete.

  And it's just a copy of the FreeRADIUS documentation.  Which is
included with FreeRADIUS.  And which is available on wiki.freeradius.org.

  I don't see why people go to third-party sites, when the same (and
better) documentation is available directly from us.