802.1X Radius with Yubikey

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Oct 29 13:28:30 CET 2014

> Has anyone managed to get yubikeys to work with wireless network access using yubikeys ?

They'll work with TTLS-PAP just fine.

> I'm trying to get 802.1x to work with yubikeys using freeraduis 3, local user in the users file  and the yubikey module. I'm constantly running into the same error which is shown below:
>
> yubikey : No cleartext password in the request. Can't do Yubikey authentication

The error message is pretty clear. There's no User-Password attribute in the request
at the time when you call the yubikey module,

> Default eap type is peap and default eap type under peap is gtc

I'm not sure the server supports PEAPv1, could you post debugging output to show that
it does? and that you have a supplicant that's actually doing PEAPv1.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team