About copy-acct-to-home-server

Tiago sytker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:05:20 CEST 2014

Hello,
I need to do an integration with Fortigate appliance.

Basically, I need to send a copy of Account-Request Class attribute
+UserName to Fortigate (so I can enable a Fortigate feature for that
customer authenticating).

So, I'm trying to use the detail file (I did the most basic setup I think,
with minimum changes on proxy.conf and copy-acct-to-home-server file). It
worked fine, except it seems that is sending auth+acct packets instead of
acct packets only.

>From what I understood, the realm NULL:

realm NULL {

        accthost        = 192.168.250.2:1813

        secret          =  ##########

}

Would do it fine for my case (considering the usernames exchanged), but I'm
not sure how can limit only acct packets for it, or if I need to do this on
a different way.

Thanks for the great software.