About copy-acct-to-home-server

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 17 23:26:29 CEST 2014

Tiago wrote:
> Basically, I need to send a copy of Account-Request Class attribute
> +UserName to Fortigate (so I can enable a Fortigate feature for that
> customer authenticating).

  OK.

> So, I'm trying to use the detail file (I did the most basic setup I
> think, with minimum changes on proxy.conf and copy-acct-to-home-server
> file). It worked fine, except it seems that is sending auth+acct packets
> instead of acct packets only.

  The default configuration doesn't do that.  The
"copy-acct-to-home-server" file doesn't do that, either.

  You edited the configuration, and made it write authentication packets
to the accounting detail file.  Don't do that.

> From what I understood, the realm NULL:
>
> realm NULL {
>
>         accthost        = 192.168.250.2:1813 <http://192.168.250.2:1813>
>
>         secret          =  ##########
>
> }
>
> Would do it fine for my case (considering the usernames exchanged),

  I don't know what that means.  But it has nothing to do with the
problem noted above.

> but
> I'm not sure how can limit only acct packets for it, or if I need to do
> this on a different way.

  Configure it to write only accounting packets to the detail file.