dynamically defining name of radacct and radpostauth table names

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 16:32:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

For quite some time now i've been using the sql_log module to write SQL statements into a file on each of my RADIUS servers which are processed by rad-sqlrelay. It works well but due to the number of records produced I do need to do some form of mysql table management. Rather than have 2 huge tables (radacct and radpostauth) I'd like to start using monthly tables. Would it be possible to dynamically generate a table name of the form radacct + "_" + "mth" + "yr"  e.g. radacct_sep14 or radacct_1014 from within the sql_logs so that when I generate my sql statements they'll be inserted into the appropriate "month" table?

Rgds
Alex