dynamically defining name of radacct and radpostauth table names

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 23 16:40:17 CEST 2014

Alex Sharaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For quite some time now i've been using the sql_log module to write SQL statements into a file on each of my RADIUS servers which are processed by rad-sqlrelay. It works well but due to the number of records produced I do need to do some form of mysql table management. Rather than have 2 huge tables (radacct and radpostauth) I'd like to start using monthly tables. Would it be possible to dynamically generate a table name of the form radacct + "_" + "mth" + "yr"  e.g. radacct_sep14 or radacct_1014 from within the sql_logs so that when I generate my sql statements they'll be inserted into the appropriate "month" table?

  Yes.  That's why the queries can be edited.

http://wiki.freeradius.org/config/Run%20time%20variables

  Use %m to get the month of the request.  Use it in the table name, and
it will be dynamically expanded.

  Be sure to create the table for the next month BEFORE the month
starts, otherwise the server won't be able to write to the table.