Using NAS-Identifier with login criteria

Brian Boere brian.boere at netwize.ca
Sat Apr 11 13:35:35 CEST 2015

I have done some reading and playing with things.

I have set in the users file to use some of the variables in the response:

Reply-Message="Hello %{User-Name} you have been authenticated from %{NAS-IP-Address} and an SSID of %{NAS-Identifier}",

when going through the logs when running radiusd -X, I can see the NAS-Identifier in some of the responses.

Unfortunately being new to FreeRadius, I don't know where or how to start using these variables to control who has access to the wireless networks.

I am reading through the wiki and looking for examples without much luck.

Thanks.

Brian

>>> Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> 4/11/2015 04:14 AM >>>
Use unlang for policy. Use that attribute (or define a unique client id and use that instead) in a policy

%{client:shortname}
%{NAS-IP-Address}

etc etc are all available to be evaluated

alan
--
This email was Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com