Usernames with escape sequences

James Sumners james.sumners at clayton.edu
Mon Apr 13 20:38:04 CEST 2015

On 2015-03-11 11:08:08 +0000, Nikolai Kondrashov said:

> Hi Alan,
>
> On 02/27/2015 08:23 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> On Feb 27, 2015, at 10:49 AM, James Sumners <james.sumners at clayton.edu> wrote:
>>> So, the version included with RHEL 7. If this is a bug in the package,
>>> I will take it up with Red Hat. Is there a Freeradius bugzilla I can
>>> link to? I only brought this to the list because I haven't had any luck
>>> whatsoever searching the Internet for information on it.
>>
>> Try 3.0.7, and set “correct_escapes = true” in radiusd.conf.
>>
>> You will have to double-check your use of \\ in the configuration,
>> though.  You want to use fewer backslashes.  A lot fewer.  Usually half.
>
> I'm looking for a solution for this. Do I understand it right, that 3.0.4 has
> escape fixes only for regex matching?
>
> Also, how hard do you think it would be to backport "correct_escapes" to
> 3.0.4?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Nick

I _finally_ got a chance to work on this some more. RH is working on a
fix for their packages in 7.2, but I can't wait that long. So I built
3.0.7 packages from the tarball on freeradius.org --
https://github.com/jsumners/freeradius-rpm

That works just fine (except for the bit where the systemd service
doesn't get enabled; just `sytemctl enable radiusd`).

I literally copied my local additions to the Freeradius config into new
files in the configuration installed by those packages and it worked.