Usernames with escape sequences

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:13:15 CEST 2015

> On 13 Apr 2015, at 14:38, James Sumners <james.sumners at clayton.edu> wrote:
>
> On 2015-03-11 11:08:08 +0000, Nikolai Kondrashov said:
>
>> Hi Alan,
>>> Try 3.0.7, and set “correct_escapes = true” in radiusd.conf.
>>> You will have to double-check your use of \\ in the configuration, though.  You want to use fewer backslashes.  A lot fewer.  Usually half.
>> I'm looking for a solution for this. Do I understand it right, that 3.0.4 has
>> escape fixes only for regex matching?
>> Also, how hard do you think it would be to backport "correct_escapes" to
>> 3.0.4?
>> Thank you.
>> Nick
>
> I _finally_ got a chance to work on this some more. RH is working on a fix for their packages in 7.2, but I can't wait that long. So I built 3.0.7 packages from the tarball on freeradius.org -- https://github.com/jsumners/freeradius-rpm

Basing the packages for 7.2 on 3.0.7 or 3.0.8 would be a good idea. From 3.0.8 onwards 3.0.x will mostly bugfix only, as demonstrated by the feature to bug ratio in the changelog :).

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/doc/ChangeLog

> That works just fine (except for the bit where the systemd service doesn't get enabled; just `sytemctl enable radiusd`).

That's pretty normal for rpms that install daemons? Or i'm assuming so... If it's not we can fix it. The unit file was a recent addition.

> I literally copied my local additions to the Freeradius config into new files in the configuration installed by those packages and it worked.

Great

-Arran