Freeradius 3.0.7 and multiple buffered-sql servers - detail file issues

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Apr 18 00:10:46 CEST 2015

On Apr 17, 2015, at 5:39 PM, Rygl Aleš <ales at rygl.net> wrote:
> >   Hmm... sounds like DB issues, to be honest.  Your other message mentioned
> > 3-5s delay writing to the DB.  That should *never* happen.  A normal DB
> > should be able to handle 200-1000 writes per second.
>
> Well, this happens just once per night where I check the radacct table for some lost Acct-Stop packets (non-closed sessions). The table has about a milion of records.

  That's what indexes are for.  You should have an index on acctstoptime.  With that, finding records with a non-empty stop time is relatively trivial.

> I have tried again. I can provide you with full debug if needed. Unfortunately there are not too much details about this error:

  That's unfortunate.

  Hmm... I'll take a deeper look into it.  It might be a platform portability thing.  i.e. it works on one platform, but not another.