Update username attribute in NAS

Anirudh Malhotra amalhotra.sp-dl at nkn.in
Wed Dec 9 06:28:22 CET 2015

Hey Everyone,

I have few questions first:
Can User-Name attribute be updated at NAS after authentication is
completed(post auth)?

Second if yes how?

Third I have tried sending username in update reply but it didn't
change. I can see the radius sending it though.

[sql]     expand: INSERT INTO radpostauth (username, pass, reply,
authdate)                           VALUES ( '%{User-Name}',
'%{%{User-Password}:-%{Chap-Password}}', '%{reply:Packet-Type}', '%S')
-> INSERT INTO radpostauth                           (username, pass,
reply, authdate)                           VALUES
(                           'anirudh',
'superchor',                           'Access-Accept', '2015-12-09
10:48:49')
rlm_sql (sql) in sql_postauth: query is INSERT INTO
radpostauth                           (username, pass, reply,
authdate)                           VALUES (
'anirudh', 'superchor',                           'Access-Accept',
'2015-12-09 10:48:49')
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
++[sql] returns ok
++[exec] returns noop
Sending Access-Accept of id 200 to 10.10.10.10 port 32769
     User-Name = "anirudh"
Finished request 4.
Going to the next request
Waking up in 4.9 seconds.

PS: I am doing this to keep accounting from the sent username. Not the
current username.

PLEASE HELP!

BR,
Anirudh Malhotra