Failed to find "authorized_macs" in the "modules" section

Ben Gartland bengartland at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 22:46:33 CET 2015

Hi Alan,
Thanks for the response, its no problem starting fresh.

FreeRADIUS reset back to default... then...

Created file /etc/raddb/policy.d/policy.conf contents the same as Wiki.

For 'raddb/modules/file' you say 'put that file into
raddb/mods-enabled/authorized_macs'
So, created file raddb/mods-enabled/authorized_macs and it has contents of
wiki module/file.

Created raddb/authorized_macs

Started 'radiusd -X'.  No errors.

Now for the raddb/sites-available/default.
Edited the file and added the section from the Wiki after the existing
'preprocess' so it now looks like this:
-- snippet starting at line 271 in 'default' --
        preprocess
        # if cleaning up the Calling-Station-Id...
        rewrite_calling_station_id

        # now check against the authorized_macs file
        authorized_macs
        if (!ok) {
          reject
         }
         else {
          # accept
          update control {
            Auth-Type := Accept
        #  If you intend to use CUI and you require that the Operator-Name
        #  be set for CUI generation and you want to generate CUI also
        #  for your local clients then uncomment the operator-name
        #  below and set the operator-name for your clients in clients.conf
#       operator-name
-- end snippet --

Started 'radiusd -X'.  No errors.
That looks OK at the moment, so I hope this is correct and proves useful to
anyone else who is experiencing the same issue.

Thanks for your help, I'll be continuing this lab next week.

Regards,
Ben