how to set account passwords in jradius

Jim Shi hanmao_shi at apple.com
Tue Jan 20 01:35:44 CET 2015

Hi, David,
 I have a question on how to set up password for accounts in jradius.
There is example that comes with jradius code: LocalUsersHandler.java.
in it has the followings:

switch (type)
            {
                case JRadiusServer.JRADIUS_authorize:
                {
                    /*
                     * We know the user, lets inform FreeRADIUS of the user's
                     * password so that FreeRADIUS may perform the required
                     * authentication checks.
                     */
                    //ci.add(new Attr_AuthType(Attr_AuthType.Local)); // Auth locally
                    ci.add(new Attr_UserPassword(u.password));      // FreeRADIUS 1.0
                    ci.add(new Attr_CleartextPassword(u.password)); // FreeRADIUS 2.0
                }

Looks setting clear text password works for PAP. But it does not work for CHAP, MSCHAP etc.

How to set password for CHAP or MSCHAP? Any docs?

Thanks
Jim