Copy-acct-to-home-server Issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 10 23:29:51 CEST 2015

On Jul 10, 2015, at 5:09 PM, Ricardo LarraƱaga <ricardo.larranaga at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean by "making the system more robust"? I thought that using
> tcp would do that, unless you are talking about using master-master
> replication on the db?

  No.  I mean make the *system* more robust.  Ensure that the RADIUS servers all behave exactly the same way.  That they can handle packets with / without NAS-Port.  That they all work correctly all of the time.

> Since we were talking about the radius protocol being intrinsically error
> prone, y dont know if i understand what you mean by making the system more
> robust.

  See your comments about NAS-Port.  You said that the systems behaved differently depending on what they got from the NAS, and that this caused problems.  So... make the systems robust to getting different data from the NAS.

  It's about understanding what the systems do, and what the error cases are.  Then, ensuring that the error cases are handled in a sane / consistent way, and making sure that the systems behaviour correctly, and consistently.