Handling multiple customers with one radius instance

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 24 21:46:04 CEST 2015

On Jul 24, 2015, at 1:29 PM, Manfred Wolf <Manfred.Wolf at cosmokey.com> wrote:
>>  The best way to solve custom requirements is custom configurations.
> So this will mostly be configuring the radiusd.conf?

  More than that.  You have to create custom policies.  This involves understanding what's in the databases, and how to query them.

> If we like to create custom groups like in the rlm_passwd, do we have to
> write our own rlm c module? If so, may you point me to the documentation
> of how to write those modules?

  Uh... no.  Did you even bother reading the documentation I suggested?  It tells you how to create custom groups *without* writing C coe.

>> Then, just select from the DB by username and customer identifier.
> This will be done in the sql module then, right?

  No.  You can write "select" statements and put them into unlang policies:

	if ("%{sql:SELECT ...}" == "foo") {