AD Authentication using PAM_winbind.so succeeds, but FreeRadius 3.0.4 rejects with "Failed to Authenticate User"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jul 26 12:47:09 CEST 2015

On Jul 26, 2015, at 3:11 AM, Josh Miller <jmills5901 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that PAM is hated, but a lot of 3rd party commercial products
> like WikiD and Yubikey appear to have success using it.   Because there is
> such disdain in the FreeRadius dev community towards it, I have a hunch
> that it may receive little to no QA attention.

  Don't be a whiny asshole.

  You're getting the software, and support, for free.  If you don't like it, go away, and buy a commercial RADIUS server.

  Your complaints are doubly annoying because as it turns out... the problem wasn't FreeRADIUS.  It was you.

  If you keep complaining that we're mean to you, you will be unsubscribed and banned from the list.