Authentication methods

Randeep randeep123 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:13:08 CEST 2015

Hi  Alan.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2015, at 1:46 AM, Randeep <randeep123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We are implementing a solution with FreeRadius+Mysql+Mikrotik.
> >
> > We need two types of authentication methods.
> >
> > 1. PPPoE
>
>   That is a networking protocol.  It's not an authentication method.  PPP
> carries authentication methods such as PAP, CHAP, or MS-CHAP.

We are planning to provide isp services. We will be giving internet
connections to users using fiber network. For this which is better
PAP/CHAP/MS-CHAP? I read PAP works in clear text. And MS-chap will create
any issues? as it is from microsoft? Are we free to use this in any
network? or CHAP?

> > 2. Via HTTP. For eg: When a user connects from the laptop, the browser
> > should redirect to a website on which we can enter username & password
> and
> > authenticate.
>
>   That's a hotspot, such as you see in an airport.  FreeRADIUS doesn't
> implement that.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Is it possible to authenticate using http api? like
http://myradius.com/auth?username=?&password=?
is this supported by radius server?

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See