Trouble setting up vmps with 3.0.8 (3 series)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 17 15:00:05 CEST 2015

On Jun 16, 2015, at 8:29 PM, Manny <mvarroyo3+freeradius at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did not intend to be impolite or offend. I included the config files just
> in case anyone noticed anything 'odd'. and will refrain.

  The issue for me is that there is a *huge* amount of documentation which says what people should post to the list: the debug output.  Yet for almost half of the messages here, people post something *else*.

> i've redone everything, and have finally gotten vmps responses. to test, i
> have used the check_vmps package from nagios and it appears to work at
> least from what I am seeing in the freeradius respones. Has anybody noticed
> any odd behavior with freeradius when a mac address have letters in it?

  Check for uppercase / lowercase.  The "mac2vlan" matching is done based on string equality.  Ensure that the case in that file is the same as what's printed by the server in debug mode.