Trouble setting up vmps with 3.0.8 (3 series)

Manny mvarroyo3+freeradius at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:06:34 CEST 2015

I can see what you are saying about including debug outout.
In my case it was a host configuration problem, old iptables rule was
blocking coms, and so there was nothing communicating in the debug which
was confusing to me at first. Service seemed to take all my configurations
and startup fine. Then when i started digging in, I found my answer.

Oh and about the MAC mapping,Yep, that was it,The comparisons are all lower
case so, the mac's in the file needed to be in lowercase as well.

(2)   vmps {
(2)     if (!&VMPS-Mac) {
(2)     if (!&VMPS-Mac)  -> FALSE
(2) mac2vlan: Added VMPS-VLAN-Name: 'Printers' to reply_items
(2)     [mac2vlan] = ok
(2)     update reply {
(2)       &VMPS-Packet-Type = VMPS-Join-Response
(2)       &VMPS-Cookie = &VMPS-MAC -> 00:01:a6:5b:a7:b1
(2)       &VMPS-VLAN-Name = "printer"
(2)     } # update reply = noop

Thanks for your help,

--