Error binding to 0.0.0.0 port for port 1812

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 16:51:46 CEST 2015

Hi,
> debug 192.168.0.1
> radclient: no response from server for ID 237 socket 3
>
> debug localhost
> something strange happens when I run the radtest just not working. but when I
> run the radtest and freeradius -xa the same time shows:
>
> rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=217,
> length=20

so...if you are running debug mode....and not seeing anything when you do the test from
192.168.0.1 but you see the localhost working, then you have a simple communication
problem between the 2 systems.

ensure that you have correctly configured firewalling on the box running freeradius -
UDP port 1812 is open for source of 192.168.0.1

or perhaps the traffic is blocked elsewhere on the network - ACLs between VLANs for example

alan