LDAP draft-wahl-ldap-session

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Jun 23 22:04:31 CEST 2015

> On Jun 23, 2015, at 3:46 PM, Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
>
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> They didn't constify the formatOID argument, so you need to assign the preprocessor macros to non-const buffers to use them, wow...
>
> Sorry, for that. I'm not a C programmer and using the control is so easy in
> Python. ;-)

*sigh*

>> It's getting added to the list... Perl, anything related in any way to GNU,
>> and libldap. They all need to die in fire.
>
> There's a long outstanding To-Do to clean up the C API mess in libldap.

Minor things like correctly adding const qualifiers (which mark the variables or the things they point to as read-only) would help significantly.

> But I
> guess the more code exists which use this C API the less likely it gets.

Ug. They should keep RFC draft compatibility (maybe as a layer on top of the rest of the API), and the rest should be refactored to something sane.

You can't just keep piling shit on shit and expect it to turn into chocolate sprinkles.

-Arran