Trying to understand change in behaviour between 2.1.12 and 2.2.5 (ok = reject) or Bug?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jun 28 14:46:09 CEST 2015

On Jun 28, 2015, at 2:39 AM, Timothy White <timwhite88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm the main developer behind the Grase hotspot project, that
> internally uses Freeradius and Coova Chilli for a Captive portal
> hotspot.
> I'm using the below snippit to get custom reply messages for rejections.
> authorize {
>    logintime {
>        reject = 1
>    }
>    if(reject){
>            update reply {
>                    Reply-Message := "Your are not allowed to login at
> this time"
>            }
>            ok = reject
>    }

  That configuration is wrong.  The documentation never said you could do "ok = return" in a block of code like that.  The return code over-rides were documented only for modules.

  Instead of doing "ok = reject", you should just use "reject".  That is the documented way of rejecting a user.

  And doing "ok = reject / reject" does' t make sense.  Just use 'reject".  It's simpler.  My guess is you didn't try that.

> My reading of the changelogs doesn't reveal anything obvious to me
> about a change in behaviour, so I'm starting to wonder if it's a bug?

  The "unlang" interpreter had a number of bugs fixed.  As a side effect, undocumented behaviour no longer works.

  In v3, the above configuration would result in a descriptive error, and the server would refuse to start.