Trying to understand change in behaviour between 2.1.12 and 2.2.5 (ok = reject) or Bug?

Timothy White timwhite88 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:15:33 CEST 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

>>            ok = reject
>>    }
>
>   That configuration is wrong.  The documentation never said you could do "ok = return" in a block of code like that.  The return code over-rides were documented only for modules.
>
>   Instead of doing "ok = reject", you should just use "reject".  That is the documented way of rejecting a user.
>
>   And doing "ok = reject / reject" does' t make sense.  Just use 'reject".  It's simpler.  My guess is you didn't try that.

Thanks for that Alan. My searching as to how I ended up with the "ok =
reject" doesn't find me the original I found it from. And it seems
that seeing as I documented it (with the Grase Hotspot) like that
years ago, many others have now found my post and used it too.  A
quick check shows that a plain "reject" works fine. I'll update my
posts relating to this, and hopefully others who stumble across this
issue will find my updated posts!

Nick, I know 2.2.x is EOL, however until it's in Debian/Ubuntu, I
can't start working with it. And as the Grase Hotspot aims to support
the LTS releases, it'll be a long time before I'm free of the 2.2.x
branch.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I must have been tired for
not trying a plain reject.

Regards

Tim