SQL replacement for users file

HCC Lists hcc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 23:47:40 CET 2015

Hello

I know that I can use SQL to replace most of what can be done in the
users file. What I want to do is roughly:

test        Huntgroup-Name != "WAP", Cleartext-Password := "test",
Auth-Type := Reject
                Reply-Message = "Your account is limited to WiFi."

test       Cleartext-Password := "test", Huntgroup-Name == "WAP"
                Reply-Message = "WiFi enabled."

I have added SQL Huntgroup support by adding the following to
sites-enabled/default right after preprocess.

        update request {
                 Huntgroup-Name := "%{sql:SELECT groupname FROM
radhuntgroup WHERE nasipaddress='%{Client-IP-Address}'}"
         }
         if(Huntgroup-Name == "") {
                 update request {
                         Huntgroup-Name !* ANY

The idea is to limit some accounts to WiFi only using WPA2-Enterprise. I
don't want those accounts to be able to connect to the VPN. I am less
worried about the VPN accounts connecting to the WiFi.

What I cannot figure out is what combination of entries in the radcheck,
radgroupcheck, radgroupreply, and radreply will do this.

I have in radcheck:

Username | Attribute           | op | Value
---------+---------------------+----+---------
test     | Cleartext-Password  | := | test

In radgroupcheck

GroupName | Attribute      | op | Value
----------+----------------+----+---------
WAP       | Huntgroup-Name | == | WAP

In radgroupreply

GroupName | Attribute     | op | Value
WAP       | Reply-Message | =  | WiFi enabled.

I have nothing specific in radcheck. I have tried more combinations that
I can remember with no success.

I am hoping I can do this in SQL, but I suppose I can figure out how to
do it using unlang.

Michael