FreeRADIUS 3.x roadmap ?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Mar 18 17:21:43 CET 2015

> On 18 Mar 2015, at 11:50, RESTOUX, Loïc <loic.restoux at capgemini.com> wrote:
>

> Le 18/03/2015 10:16, Alan Buxey a écrit :
>> Roadmaps are Roadmaps. Show me definitive 2.x release dates. 3.0.8 will be released when ready.
>
> I agree, I didn't ask for a formal date.
> I just wanted to know if the plan is to release 3.0.8 in one week, one month or one year.

FreeRADIUS has no release schedule.

If you wish to take advantage of fixes that will be included in 3.0.8 I suggest you use the current
v3.0.x head and create a tag in your local repository to mark the version of the code you're
deploying.

Creating tags in the upstream repo does not bless the code in any way. No special incantations,
no sacrifices of wiffly nosed bunny rabits.

The CIT tools get run, unsurprisingly, continuously, on every commit. Coverity gets run daily.

There is absolutely nothing special about a code release vs any given commit in the repo, other than
it has a number assigned to it.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team