Access-Accept / Access-Reject based on LDAP Group & SSID

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 19 18:14:59 CET 2015

On Mar 19, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Ben Humpert <ben at an3k.de> wrote:
> I already read plenty of Howtos, manpages and configuration examples
> and tried to find a Guide for what I'm trying to archive.

  Most third-party guides aren’t worth the effort.  It’s better to UNDERSTAND what’s going on, rather than to follow a guide which may or may not be applicable.

> What I exactly want to archive is RADIUS to check
> 1) if the group the user is in is allowed to log into
> Called-Station-Ssid “guest"

  That’s in the FAQ.

> 2) if the username & password is correct

  The server does that if you configure a user/password.  i.e. tell it to look the user up in LDAP.

> 3) if user has "dialupAccess” set

  See the LDAP module configuration for how that works.

> I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.1, FreeRADIUS 2.1.12 and OpenLDAP 2.4.31

  <sigh>  Upgrade to 2.2.6.  The Debian / Ubuntu people have fixated on 2.2.12 for reasons I don’t understand.

> I'd start from scratch but have modified dictionary, policy.conf and
> sites-available/default according to
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Mac-Auth

  Are you doing MAC Auth?  If so, then the guide should work.  If you’re not doing MAC Auth, then why the heck are you following the MAC auth guide?