Access-Accept / Access-Reject based on LDAP Group & SSID

Ben Humpert ben at an3k.de
Thu Mar 19 18:53:37 CET 2015

http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/faq Where?

>> 2) if the username & password is correct
>
>   The server does that if you configure a user/password.  i.e. tell it to look the user up in LDAP.

Server already does it but before checking in which group the user is

>> 3) if user has "dialupAccess” set
>
>   See the LDAP module configuration for how that works.

That already works, directly after checking for username/password but
before checking in which group the user is.

>> I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.1, FreeRADIUS 2.1.12 and OpenLDAP 2.4.31
>
>   <sigh>  Upgrade to 2.2.6.  The Debian / Ubuntu people have fixated on 2.2.12 for reasons I don’t understand.

RADIUS 2.1.12 is the latest available in latest LTS Ubuntu.

>> I'd start from scratch but have modified dictionary, policy.conf and
>> sites-available/default according to
>> http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Mac-Auth
>
>   Are you doing MAC Auth?  If so, then the guide should work.  If you’re not doing MAC Auth, then why the heck are you following the MAC auth guide?

No but it was the ONLY guide which explained how to seperate MAC and
SSID. I didn't followed it completely, just took the parts I need.