freeradius logging question

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 14:57:21 CET 2015

Hi,

In common with (probably) every other freeradius user, my radius.log file shows logging of the form

Fri Mar 20 13:44:07 2015 : Auth: Login OK: [jah534 at york.ac.uk] (from client arubal2 port 0 cli 78-4B-87-C0-81-97 via TLS tunnel)
Fri Mar 20 13:44:07 2015 : Auth: Login OK: [@york.ac.uk] (from client arubal2 port 0 cli 78-4B-87-C0-81-97)
Fri Mar 20 13:44:07 2015 : Auth: Login OK: [6C-F3-7F-C2-15-F0] (from client ce1sw4 port 29 cli 6C-F3-7F-C2-15-F0)

The above shows a local eduroam user log entry ( outer-tunnel user-name of @york.ac.uk ,inner tunnel username of jah534 at york.ac.uk) and a mac auth entry from a switch.

>From our point of view, the record with jah534 at york.ac.uk is useful.... the @york.ac.uk record isn't.

Is it possible to selectively disable what appears in the radius.log file ( e.g. modifying sites-enabled/default so that if  RADIUS attribute EAP-Message exists don't add an entry to radius.log. This would allow our mac-auths to be logged as well  as the TLS tunnel entries (as they are generated in sites-enabled/inner-tunnel) but discard the [@york.ac.uk] entries

Rgds
Alex