rlm_python and threading

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Mar 25 03:32:24 CET 2015

> From this I can see that requests handled by rlm_python are being served by
> a single thread rather than multiple/parallel threads.  Does anybody have
> any experience with rlm_python.py and/or know what I might be doing wrong?

The rlm_python module is not thread safe in v2.x.x.

It is(ish) in v3.0.x. Though there have been reports of crashes YMMV.

The python docs in this area are terrible.

If you can fix threading so it works correctly in v3.0.x, and send a pull
request it'd be much appreciated.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team