Dynamic client

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 12 13:33:59 CEST 2015

On May 12, 2015, at 3:53 AM, Diego Fernando Bermudez Garzon <x.manotas at gmail.com> wrote:
> In this moment im developing an application that uses the freeradius.
> the behavior of the app is like this:
>
> - At this first, the user tries to connect to the wifi router.
> - Then the router validate with the freeradius if the user is into its
> database.
> - Given that the user is not into the radius, it responds with a rejected
> message.
> - Then the router send the user to a web page where is my app
> - Now, my app catch the mac address of the user device and saves it into
> another database.
> - Once the mac is saved, my app inserts the mac address of the user into
> the freeradius, with a slq sentence.

  That should work.

> Now the problem is that when I insert this user into the freeradius my
> wifi router is not able to detect this insertion.

  The only communication between the WiFi router and FreeRADIUS is via RADIUS.  If you want to let the user on the network, the user will have to re-authenticate.

  i.e. after the app inserts the MAC address into the DB, it should kick the user off of the network.  The user will then come back on the network, re-authenticate, and the WiFi router will do RADIUS, and the user will be let on the network.