Newbie question... using different authentication sources?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 25 23:00:26 CEST 2015

On May 25, 2015, at 4:52 PM, José Queiroz <zekkerj at gmail.com> wrote:
> You just don't know for how much time I've been downloading, searching,
> googling, and trying before shouting out for help.
> Sorry saying that, but FreeRadius have the very worst documentation I ever
> saw on entire Open Source Community.

  That nonsense again?  Well, you're welcome to use another open source RADIUS server.  I'm sure that will be better.  Or, a commercial one.

> Yes, I know how to download a package, know how to compile it, and know how
> hard it is to smash a new package on an old system, with old libraries and
> old documentation.

  It's trivial.  Go to wiki.freeradius.org.  Type "suse" into the search bar.  Clock on the second link.  It gives detailed instructions on how to build a Suse package.

  But you're right... the FreeRADIUS documentation is crap.

> Unfortunately, I'm stuck to this distribution, and you
> just can't imagine how much I would love to low-level-format these servers
> and install anything with less than 5 years. But I cannot do that. And
> unfortunatelly, I have to use FreeRadius, also.

  The stop whining, and read the existing documentation.  Don't ask questions about a version of the server which is 8 years old.

  And if you want help, stop complaining, and start doing some work on your own.  If you make it clear that your priority is getting things done, you will have the problem solved quickly.  If you make it clear your priority is complaining, you will be unsubscribed from the list, and permanently banned.

 This list is for people who want help with FreeRADIUS.  People who do nothing but complain can go somewhere else.