How to force tunnel-xx information in access-accept packet ?

Michel_Monchatre at dell.com Michel_Monchatre at dell.com
Thu Nov 19 09:59:09 CET 2015

Hi

I'm very new to this discuss list,  and I subscribed because one of my customers have some problem with freeradius and our switches.

I'm using version  freeradius2-2.1.12-5.el5  ( on CentOS 511) with a Dell Networking Switch model N3024, and I want to assign the users in specific Vlans based on EAP authentication.

If the user's PC is authenticated with its MAC address ( MAB option on the switch) , there are very few Radius Packet exchange and the final access-accept packet contains correctly the Tunnel-Private-Group-ID, tunnel-Type and Tunnel-Medium-type informations

But when I want to authenticate the users ( using login and paswsord ), there are a lot of access-challenge packet and the final access-accept packet does not contain anymore the tunnel-Private-group-id, etc  informations.

Is there a way to force freeradius to include again the missing information in the Access-accept packet ?
Which file(s) need to be modify and how  ?

Many thanks in advance for your answers

Best regards

Michel MONCHATRE
Dell | Enterprise Solutions, Networking
NSE
Mobile : +33 (0)6 70 48 25 78
Dell, 8 avenue du Stade de France 93218 Saint Denis
Michel_monchatre at dell.com<mailto:Michel_monchatre at dell.com>