advaice on how to create certificates and setup an EAP-TLS from freeradius

Achuthan Paramanathan acp at rtx.dk
Mon Nov 23 10:01:26 CET 2015

I need to create an EAP-TLS authentication using a freeradius.
Currently I am a working EAP-PEAP setup, it is working fine.
However, I now needs to move to an EAP-TLS.
For this I need to create some certificates (I am thinking of openSSL for that?).
But I was not able to find useful information (a step-by step guide) on the wide net that could help me so I am trying my luck here.
The wiki page from Freeraius site is not working: http://www.missl.cs.umd.edu/wireless/eaptls/
About my system:

  *   AP: A TP-Link n750
  *   Radius Server: Ubuntu Server 14.04.3 LTS, running FreeRADIUS 2.1.12
  *   Client: Another ubuntu desktop
It would be great if someone knows a good and detailed (working) step-by-step guide to do this, and can give me some link information.
Thanks in advance
/Acp