ERROR: User-Name ... is not the same as MS-CHAP Name

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Oct 2 10:18:17 CEST 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 2015, at 8:25 PM, Jim Seymour <jseymour at LinxNet.com> wrote:
>> FreeRADIUS version 2.1.12 (2.1.12+dfsg-1.2ubuntu8.1)

>   Upgrade to 2.2.9, which was released this week.

>> So: *Was* it a bug and *has* it been squashed?  I have no problem
>> building and installing from a tarball, *if* it will fix the problem.
>
>   Yes.

@Jim: Is this a new installation intended to replace your old 1.x setup?

2.2.x is EoL, and will only get security fixes in the future. While it
makes much sense to stick with 2.x on established systems, you should
probably jump straight to 3.0.x (use latest 3.0.x branch from git, or
wait a few days until 3.0.10 is released) for new installation.

Having said that, see
https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/ubuntu/stable if you want
to use 2.2.9 anyway. Might save you some time and effort.

--
Fajar