3.0.10 fails to start (OpenSuse 13.2)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 28 14:12:29 CET 2015

On Oct 28, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Thomas Stather <Thomas.Stather at mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de> wrote:
> I installed freeradius-server 3.0.10 from the OpenSuse "network" repo (OpenSuse OBS)
> but when i try to start it, i get:

> radius1:~ # radiusd -X
> libssl version mismatch.  built: 1000204f linked: 100010bf

  Probably because they updated OpenSSL, and didn't bother re-building FreeRADIUS.

  This check avoids run-time problems with OpenSSL.  They have problems changing their APIs so that programs using OpenSSL crash when you upgrade OpenSSL, and not the program.

  We may be able to fix that in future releases, but only if OpenSSL provides public APIs for everything we need.

  In the mean time, you'll need to re-build the server.