freeradius X error "failed to load module "perl""

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 9 21:27:11 CEST 2015

On Sep 9, 2015, at 1:41 PM, John Estrella <jestrella at sandlercap.com> wrote:
> Afterwards, I ran freeradius -X debug and got the following message:
>
> Radius: #### Loading Virtual Servers #### server { #from the file /etc/freeradius/radius.conf  modules {
>  Module: Creating Auth-Type = perl
> Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
> /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/linotp[13]: Failed to load module "perl".
> /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/linotp[12]: Errors parsing authenticate section.

  Can you load the Perl module using the "example.pl" file which is included with the server?

  Are your Perl scripts correct?  i.e. are there any parse errors?

  Can you load the Perl module using *simple* perl scripts?  I.e. ones which are empty, or nearly so?

  i.e. narrow down the source of the problem.