freeradius X error "failed to load module "perl""

John Estrella jestrella at sandlercap.com
Wed Sep 9 22:29:04 CEST 2015

Thanks for your response Alan.

The unfortunate part is that I'm very unfamiliar with perl and relearning linux.

I couldn't find the "example.pl" file included with my server.  Do you know where I can look?

I might be wrong but I tried running "perl /etc/freeradius/module/perl"  and received the following error.
"unknown regexp modifier "/b" at /etc/freeradius/modules/perl line 2, at end of line"

The text in the that file reads
" perl {
Module = /usr/lib/linotp/radius_linotp.pm
} "

The only parse error currently is the one in the original debug log.

Not sure how to load *simple* perl scripts.  Could you hint/point me in the right direction so that I can attempt this.

On Sep 9, 2015, at 1:41 PM, John Estrella <jestrella at sandlercap.com> wrote:
> Afterwards, I ran freeradius -X debug and got the following message:
>
> Radius: #### Loading Virtual Servers #### server { #from the file /etc/freeradius/radius.conf  modules {
>  Module: Creating Auth-Type = perl
> Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
> /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/linotp[13]: Failed to load module "perl".
> /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/linotp[12]: Errors parsing authenticate section.

  Can you load the Perl module using the "example.pl" file which is included with the server?

  Are your Perl scripts correct?  i.e. are there any parse errors?

  Can you load the Perl module using *simple* perl scripts?  I.e. ones which are empty, or nearly so?

  i.e. narrow down the source of the problem.

  Alan DeKok.
The information in this e-mail message and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, use, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message, any copies thereof and any attachments thereto. This email is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any interest in any investment vehicles managed by Sandler Capital Management.