freeradius X error "failed to load module "perl""

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Thu Sep 10 07:37:46 CEST 2015

On 09-09-15 22:29, John Estrella wrote:
> Thanks for your response Alan.
>
> The unfortunate part is that I'm very unfamiliar with perl and relearning linux.
>
> I couldn't find the "example.pl" file included with my server.  Do you know where I can look?
>
> I might be wrong but I tried running "perl /etc/freeradius/module/perl"  and received the following error.
> "unknown regexp modifier "/b" at /etc/freeradius/modules/perl line 2, at end of line"

That's the config file telling FreeRADIUS to load a perl module, that
shouldn't work.

> The text in the that file reads
> " perl {
> Module = /usr/lib/linotp/radius_linotp.pm
> } "

And that shows us the the real perl module. Could you try running "perl
-cw /usr/lib/linotp/radius_linotp.pm" in a console? That might show a
bit more verbose if this file could be executed or not.

And since you're using an old version of FreeRADIUS: using rlm_perl with
version older than 2.2 may segfault when using perl in threaded mode.

--
Herwin Weststrate