rlm_sql logging results

Laura Steynes laura.steynes72 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 03:00:55 CEST 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2016, at 10:41 PM, Laura Steynes <laura.steynes72 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Mon Apr 11 02:41:33 2016 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Closing connection (131):
> > Hit idle_timeout, was idle for 3600 seconds
>

>   The rest of those messages are all a result of the bad setting for
> idle_timeout.
>

>   Why not change idle_timeout?
>
> > Are my radiusd,c.onf settings overkill and this is why the logs fill up
> > with these errors?
>
>   Because you set idle_timeout incorrectly.  Juts set it to zero.

OK, I have changed it to zero, however, since the default is set to 60,
where as I used 90, does that not make teh default configuration "
incorrect" as you put it?

Thats solved that error thanks!, now i see -

Sat Apr 16 10:59:00 2016 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): 0 of 5 connections in use.
Need more spares
Sat Apr 16 10:59:00 2016 : Info: rlm_sql (sql): Opening additional
connection (5), 1 of 27 pending slots used

is this normal, or based on my earlier post with settings something there
need changing too?

Thanks for your help!